Goshen Baptist Church
4124 Mt. Misery Rd NE
Leland, North Carolina 28451
Phone: (910) 371-6899
Pastor Barbara Bell: email@example.com
Add your request for prayer & pray for others' request!
9:45am Sunday School
6:00pm Adult Bible Study*
6:00pm Church Supper
6:30pm Kids’/Teen Activities
6:45pm Adult Bible Study*
6:00p.m. Adult Choir*
*Nursery or Child Care
available on request.
Welcome to Goshen
Thank you for
visiting our website! We hope you'll explore the site and discover what makes us special. We are located a couple of miles outside of Leland, NC, but the difference is worth the
We are a multi-racial, multi-generational fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ. We invite you to share opportunities for ministry, learning, and activities. We are Baptist Christians who welcome persons of all beliefs to join with us on life's spiritual journey with Christ.
Notice of Goshen Baptist Church's Action in Response to COVID-19
At a time like this with the COVID-19 virus threatening to spread far and wide, we want to hunker down together and wait for it to go away. But this is not wise. So, instead, the Pastor and Deacons have developed this response plan. We are trying to protect our congregation and community, and we believe this plan is the best interests of al of us. Please, bear with us and stay safe.
In the weeks ahead, we will follow the information and directives of the Centers for Disease Control [CDC] and of our local, state, and federal governments. In agreement with their recommendations, we are cancelling all large-group meetings [Sunday worship, Wednesday night activities, and Sunday night Bible Study] through April 8, 2020. This is subject to change if/when new guidelines are issued.
Other scheduled meetings [Deacons, choir, Ministry Teams] will be held only when absolutely necessary during this period. Please, call the church in advance during regular business hours [910-371-6899] if you are unsure about your group’s meeting.
Both the Pastor and Sheila will continue to work at the church during the week. However, the need for increased vigilance these days means that the doors will be locked. [The only exception to this is Wednesday morning & afternoon, when the Fellowship Hall will be unlocked so persons can pick up free Panera Bread there.] Anyone with business at the church should call ahead to be sure someone will be onsite. Ring the doorbell or call the office to announce your arrival. Please, note:
• You will be asked whether you have/have recently had any symptoms of disease.
• You will be asked whether you have been around anyone who is sick in the past 2 weeks.
• You will always be asked to clean your hands on entering.
This procedure has been recommended by the CDC. If you are offended by the questions or by the request to clean your hands, we apologize for offending you but we stand firmly by this policy.
Here are some ways we will try to maintain our congregational life:
● We will provide online or take-home alternatives to worship and Bible Study in the weeks ahead.
● Options for giving: PayPal online [efficient & antiseptic], US mail [convenient], and a drop-box in the Gathering Room [remember to put your gift in an envelope and put your name on it]
● We will publish a list of prayer requests related to the challenges of these days. Please, pray for each other and for our church.
● The Pastor and Deacons encourage you to call each other to check on how things are going. [Remember not to share anything you’re told without permission.]
● Anyone who needs food, medicines, or supplies to be delivered, call the church office.
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1, NIV
FREE PANERA BREAD EVERY WEDNESDAY!
Be A Light In A Dark World!